Friday, November 12, 2010

All in the day of a "woman of leisure"...

So, I thought in my first blog that I would give you a little insight on what swirls around in my head daily, now that I'm a "lady of liesure" (as some have called it).

You may not believe it, but getting laid off is really one of the best things that has happened to me in awhile. REALLY!!
It's given me the time to regroup with myself, get my feet back on the ground, calm my anxieties and to re-focus on the good things in life, all the while letting go of the stress that had begun to consume my life. As a result, I'm a much happier, healthier person and look forward to what life has to offer me going forward. I find myself smiling more, sleeping better and I appreciate so much more the little things in life. Though I'm looking hard for a new position...I will enjoy this time given me and make every day count. It's how it should be. Making every day count.
Having to deal with petty, unsupportive, gossipy, non-ethical "people" can cause you to miss so many things along the way. What a waste of time. I've decided that I don't want to miss a thing...EVER! So I won't.

Do I worry about how long I'll be without a job? Of course! Do I worry if I'll be able to pay all my bills? Yup! Will I survive this new challenge that has turned out to be a blessing in disguise?...absolutely! And I'm going to have a good time doing it too.

Life constantly throws us curve balls and it's up to us to either catch those spinning speed balls and throw them right back or to let them smack us up side the head and knock us down. Don't let them knock you down...life is too short for that and you're going to miss so many other more important things. But if you do stumble and fall...get right back up, get right back in that saddle and keep on moving forward. It's hard...yes, no doubt about that -  but learn from what has just happened and make the best of it, don't let it get the best of you. Stop and smell the roses once in awhile. We do so little of that in our lives. But if you do, I guarantee you that things will look better in the morning and you'll be a much happier person.

With that...I leave you to the rest of your day.

Meryl :-)

1 comment: